Techno India Group (TIG) began its journey in the year 1985 and at that time it had a vision of delivering quality education in science and engineering to the students in West Bengal, India. The Group started with small but sure steps and after almost three decades of phenomenal journey it has emerged as one of the largest and most acclaimed Knowledge Management Groups in the country, having 41 Campuses with 5 Universities, 20 Engineering Colleges, 10 B-Schools, 11 Public Schools and 11 H.S. Schools.
TIG has reached new milestone with excellence in Technology, Education and Placement of its 5 Lakh students in many reputed MNCs over the years.
During its voyage, Techno India Group has strengthened its original emphasis on Science and Engineering and expanded into Management, Medicine, and other key areas including Information and Communication Technology, Biotechnology, Food Technology, Bio-medical Engineering, Paramedical Sciences, Management Sciences, Media Science to name a few. The latest feather added to its cap is to establish ''Techno India University, West Bengal'' at Salt Lake.
Techno India Group is committed to create a Unique, Knowledge based State-of-the-art learning environment and produce the best technocrats in the country to shape up the Information Age of the new millennium.• To initiate innovation in the fields of skill development and curriculum design.
• To remain dedicated, proactive and responsive to social, individual and industrial needs.
Techno India Group is determined to play a pivotal role in professional and higher technical education with a definitive focus on Information Technology. The Group empowers students to face global challenges with plan and to handle the global opportunities with ease.This is achieved by: • Rigorous quality and knowledge management activities at all levels.
• Strengthening the Group's capability in scholastic, research and learning paths as a continuous process.
• Working in tandem with the industry and always remaining proactive to changing needs of the industry.
• Producing technocrats for the Global Market
The Techno India group will value • Openness and integrity.
• Quality and knowledge orientation.
• Thirst for achievement of all the students and employees.
History of Techno India Group• 1984: Establishment of ICE[I] with the mission to educate students in Computer field.
• 1985-1994: Establishment of 70 University/College Computer Centres in West Bengal & Tripura.
• 1994-1998: Successfully executed E-goverence projects of various state Governments including Voter-ID Card.
• 1998: Establishment of Engineering College in West Bengal namely Netaji Subhash Engineering College & Asansol Engineering College (JV).
• 1999: Established Siliguri Institute of Technology.
• 2000: Established Bengal Institute of Technology and Techno Model School-Siliguri.
• 2001: Established Techno India, Salt Lake, Meghnad Saha Institute of Technology and Techno Model School-Garia.
• 2002: Established Techno India Hooghly.
• 2003: Established Techno Model School-Salt Lake.
• 2005: Established Techno India College of Technology and Techno India Group Public School-Hooghly.
• 2006: Established Techno India Group Public School-Garia and Techno India Group Public School-Siliguri.
• 2007: Established Techno India Group Public School-Balurghat & Tied up with Saroj Mohan Institute of Technology.
• 2008: Established Techno India Group Public School-Cooch Behar and Techno India Group Public School-Bolpur.
• 2009: Establishment of Techno Global Balurghat and Techno India Group Public School-Mankundu.
• 2010: Tied up with Abacus Institute of Engineering & Management, Established Techno India Group Public School-Konnagar.
• 2011: Take over of 2 Engineering Colleges namely IERCEM Institute of Information Technology, Kanksa Academy of
• 2010-2012: Establishment of University at Shilong ( Meghalaya), Sironj (MP), Jind (Haryana), Kota (Rajasthan) & Kolkata (West Bengal).
• 2013 : Established Techno India - Ramgarh, Techno India - Chaibasa, Techno India - Silli (Polytechnic) (JV with Govt. of Jharkhand) .
• 2013: Established Techno India Group Academia - Ariadaha, Banipur. Bolpur.
• 2014: Established of Techno India Kolkata at Joka.